Friday, April 03, 2009

Scale vs Playability?

So I've decided to get back on track with my Carentan project, but decided to try building something to 15mm scale, with the doors being 20mm high and 10mm wide.

Whilst this may be true to scale, the building itself seems very small for a 3 story townhouse.

Though technically there is nothing wrong with the size, it looks quite good with the figures...

...you can only fit one medium base in the building.

In comparison, my first building attempt looks way out of scale for the models, but has more room to play in/around.

So how should I proceed, true to scale, or a larger, more 'playable' scale?

1 comment:

tabletop_terrain said...

Try to approach scale, but keep it playable too. Slightly overscale is usually the way I go, as you probably know having seen my own 15mm building facade.

 

Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com