Sunday, January 13, 2008

Replacements

I recently emailed Battlefront with some replacement requests for broken and missing pieces. I photographed the broken pieces, one of which I wasn't sure what it was. It looked like a dude carrying a rather over sized land mine on his back, but his gun was stumpy and 'obviously' broken.

Imagine my surprise when my replacements arrived, and th two mine carrying dudeds were identically broken.

I decided to photograph them all together to email to Battlefront when I noticed that they all had tubes running from the 'mine' to the end of the 'broken' gun.

That looks like some crazy donut shaped flamethrower I though to my self. But surely not, I'd seen nothing like it before.

Google was the answer.

The Flamethrower, Portable, No.2 (nicknamed "Lifebuoy" from the shape of the fuel tank, and not after the popular brand of soap), was a British design of flamethrower for infantry use and was used extensively in the Second World War.

Ooops, sorry Battlefront, honest mistake. Now I'm gonna have to look at D Minus 1 to see if I can find a use for 3 flamethower dudes.

2 comments:

Karl Sciberras said...

Cheers,
Just started British airborne as well (and a blog to keep me motivated www.ksciberras.blogspot.com/). Your figs look great!

I have a question for you: How are you going to model the staff team for the Airlanding Battery (M1A1?)

Geekery said...

That is a very good question. My basic plan for now is to do nothing until I've finished painting everything else - which knowing me will be a while - and then hopefully Battlefront will have decided to created one that I can simply purchase. barring that, I'm gonna have a few left over figures, I'll just arrange them in a group on a base and make do with that!

 

Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com