Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Tilt-Shift

Tilt-shift photography, or in this case, miniature faking is a technique where you apply a series of settings to a photograph in order to make real life appear like a miniature model.

I've been wanting to try this technique for some time now, so when I found a tutorial online, I decided to see what I could do.

Of course, with my fixation on World War Two, I figured it would be good to use some colour photos of the war, and see how model like they turn out.

Whilst the technique works ok, the whole process works better on modern photos, with a lot more colour.

Still, it was a fun exercise.

Original photos are here, here, here, here and here.

The effect looks better if you click on the images to make them bigger.

No comments:

 

Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com